Monday, April 22, 2013

Liebster Award


Guess what? My blog was nominated by Joanne@ Creative Mess for a Liebster Blog Award. I'm pleased to accept this honor. First of all, I'd like to thank the members of the Academy....just kidding. The long acceptance speeches are for a different kind of award, right?


 


To be honest, I am deeply grateful to Joanne @ Creative Mess.  Thank you Joanne!!  If we lived anywhere near each other, I'd make one of Grandma JoAnn's Incredible Peach Cobblers and bring it right over to your house.  It feels great to have my work recognized.


What is a Liebster Award?  Created in the blogosphere, the Liebster is an award given to new bloggers who are just starting out.  The Liebster is given to said bloggers by another blogger - a peer who has recently received the award.  The intent is to help new bloggers get noticed.  The Liebster Award is available to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.



Liebster Award Rules



1. Thank the Liebster Award nominator on your blog and link back to their blog. 

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.  


3. List 11 random facts about yourself. 

4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know about it.

6. Copy and paste the blog award onto your blog. It is an award, so show it off!








Questions from the Nominator



1.   If you could pick another first name for yourself, what would it be?

I used to want a name like Jane or Donna - something simple and easy to pronounce. My name is Reecea. When someone new reads my name, they usually pronounce it as Rebecca, REE-ka, Ree-SEE-a, or REE-sha. Conversely, if I tell someone new my name and they repeat it,they often say Lisa or Teresa.The name Reece, with no 'a' on the end, is the maiden name of my maternal grandmother. I called her Nanny. My name, Reecea, is simply Reece+ the letter 'a' at the end.  To pronounce my name correctly just say
the name Lisa and use an '
R' at the beginning instead of an 'L'. Today, I love my name.  I wouldn't choose any other.


2.   I would love to learn how to ___________.


I would love to learn how to fly an airplane.



3.   What is your favorite dessert?

Boston Cream Pie is my favorite dessert.  Back in the mid 1960s, the cafeteria at my elementary school in Dallas served it every now and then.  Before I went to that school, I'd never heard of it.  I wish I'd gotten their recipe, because it was the best Boston Cream Pie I've ever tasted in my life.


4.   When do you find the time to blog?

Late at night or early in the morning is the best time for me to blog.  The fewer distractions there are, the easier it is for me to keep focused.



5.   What one thing would you like your children take into adulthood?


My kids are adults.  They are wonderful.  I hope they always remember the love in our family and how important it is to maintain good family relationships.  Some families break apart as the kids get older and things happen.  My Dad's family is quite the exception to that rule.  There were twelve kids in his family.  They loved each other.  They treated each others families with love and respect.  They honored their parents.  They were all very good, productive people.  If they ever squabbled, they kept it private and worked things out.  I hope my kids always hang onto that kind of family love and loyalty for each other and their cousins and aunts and uncles. The older they get, the more they'll need that love, encouragement, and emotional support.



6.   What does your family think of your blog?

My family is generally very supportive of my blog.  HUBBY and PUMPKIN were my first two followers.  PUMPKIN now occasionally posts on my blog.  Photos of PEPSI's and PRINCESS's kiddos are sprinkled throughout various blog posts.  PRINCESS's Best Banana Pudding has been a very popular recipe post.


7.   What is your favorite midnight snack?

I have a terrible habit of waking up in the middle of the night and having a snack.  My favorite indulgence for a midnight snack is something chocolate.


8.   What advice would you give to a first time blogger?

I'd share the advice I got when I first started blogging.  Just get started. It may not be perfect at first. That is fine. It is like the first time you jump off the high board at the deep end of the pool. The more you think about it, the harder it seems.



9.How long have you had your blog or website?

My first post was January 1, 2012.



10. Who is your favorite musical artist or group?

Yes



11. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?

I try to pray first thing in the morning before doing anything else.  



Questions for the Nominees



1. Why did you start blogging?

2. If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where would you eat and what would you have for lunch?

3. Who, what, and/or where does your blogging inspiration come from?

4. How do you handle a stressful day?

5. What is one thing you hope your children remember about you?

6. What is your favorite go to recipe?

7. What is your favorite quote? 

8. What project(s) are you working on right now?
 
9. What is the best thing about you?

10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate for this award?
 
11. What makes you giggle?


Random Facts About Me

1. I play the violin.

2. I am a southpaw.

3. I love family history.

4. I worked full-time managing non-profit, non-partisan consumer and environmental issue campaigns for about 8 years.

5. I love horses. As a child, I dreamed of being a jockey when I grew up.

6. I am an extrovert. If there was an extrovert+ category, I'd be in it.

7. I drive a 2004 Honda Civic.  It gets 34 mpg.  I'll keep driving it until it has 300k miles on it, then I'll look for another one.

8. I aw President Clinton speak twice, once as a candidate in 1992 the night before the election, and once just before his first inauguration
. I met and shook hands with Texas Governor George W. Bush before he was elected President.

9. I use Mary Kay skin care products every day.

 
10. I love to cheer for the underdog.

11. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. HUBBY and I are privileged to teach an amazing class of 9 and 10 year old Primary kids on Sundays.  Some crafts I blog about were inspired by them. We love 'em!!

12. (Bonus) Yes, I will follow all the bloggers I nominated!




Bloggers I Chose as Award Nominees



 1.  Staci @ Luker Family Tales 
 2.  Hannah @ Cupcake Mumma 
 3.  Darlene @ Darlene B. Nemeth  
 4Bev Carter @ Eclectic Red Barn   
 5Rachel @ Spectrum Notes 
 6.  Natasha @ Natashalh - food, travel, DIY, and the artisan life 
 7.  Sarah @ Sarah Lynn's Sweets 
 8.  Marti @ Sew-licious Home Decor 
 9.  Pat @ Living Life With The Love's 
10. Stella Marie @ Domestic Evolution
11. Jessica and Hilary @ Domestic Bliss Squared


2 comments:

  1. So many things I didnt know, fasinating!! Thank you for including me! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's grad school finals week for me so it may take me a couple of days to get you, but thanks and I won't forget!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!