Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - May 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 


FOR TODAY


Outside my window...
it is the first day of May.  Even the roar of the delivery trucks moving through this industrial complex cannot dispel the wonder of it.  Happy May Day!

I am thinking...about my wonderful (grown) children.


I am thankful...
for a loving Father in Heaven who hears and answers my prayers.

In the kitchen...
there is nothing but microwaveable foodstuffs and cold drinks.  No oven here in the office kitchen.                                                                                                       

I am wearing...
purple shirt, blue jeans, and my favorite penny loafers...
again.  I think every time I post here that I am wearing those shoes.  Almost time for a new pair!




 

 I am creating...some simple changes for my new straw cowgirl hat.  Got 2 rolls of belt twill and 2 rolls of narrow cotton rope to make interchangeable straps and hatbands that match, one black and one white.

I am going...
to the lake tomorrow evening with our church girls youth group.  We are having s'mores and singing camp songs:)

I am wondering...
if our newest grandchild will be a boy or girl?

I am reading...
lots of instructions about blueberry plants.

I am hoping...for a bounteous harvest from the garden.


I am looking forward to...
lunch with PUMPKIN again.  We went to a really nice little out of the way girlie spot today.  It was yummy.  She couldn't decide what to order, so she got half a turkey bacon sandwich and the other half was peanut butter and banana.  Delightful.

I am learning
...to tweet.

Around the house...
the fridge and freezer are waiting for me.  It is a sure bet that they will still be a mess when I get time to finish them both:)

I am pondering...
how to stay focused and be a better manager of my own time. A favorite quote for today...how about a song?  After a weekend of intensive gardening, I can relate to this one called Chiggers:
                                                                              
 


One of my favorite things...is wildflowers that bloom in Texas each spring.  Look at that Oklahoma State Flower blooming happily next to that Texas State Flower.  Indian Blankets and Bluebonnets, two favorite things.



 

                                                                                                           A few plans for the rest of the week:
helping my daughter with her phone.



A peek into my day...




In this part of Texas, the soil ph and content is terrible for blueberries.  The local nursery advised us to grow these in containers.  I'll be including instructions in a future post.

Thanks for reading and commenting.  I look forward to hearing from you, and I promise to try and find your blog and comment if you've shown me the same kindness.  The Daybook is a lovely way to share. 

You are cordially invited to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Please click on the link for more details.

5 comments:

  1. Loved reading your daybook! Thank you for sharing, and for stopping by my blog and commenting. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you in your endeavors with the blueberries. Here in AZ we have rock and acidic water. Yikes!

    Thank you for your encouragement about my sons. One is making me crazy at the moment so it's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a new grandbaby, what a blessing! I bet you'll have a wonderful time with the youth group.

    I too am very thankful for a loving Father who hears my prayers and answers them. Thank you for sharing your daybook. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dawn, Q, and Arlene for your kind words. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just waiting and reading. What a wonderful way to share what is happening in your daily life, learning and growing. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!