Sunday, August 4, 2013

Seen Along A Road In Texas - Lone Star Legends Edition #3: Palomino Pool Party


Most editions of "Seen Along A Road In Texas - Lone Star Legends" will likely feature some type of vehicle used as transportation.  Not so for Edition #3:  Palomino Pool Party. Horses ARE transportation, but they are certainly NOT vehicles.  They are living, breathing, wonderful animals with distinct personalities.




I grew up riding horses.  As a kid, I read every factual and fictional book I could find about them.  I was a typical horse crazy kid.  Horses are my favorite animals.  Horseback riding is still my favorite pastime.  Over the years I've learned a lot about them. 



 "There is no better place to heal a broken heart than on the back of a horse." Missy Lyons

However, never in my life have I seen anything quite like what my eyes beheld and my iPhone camera captured on July 4, 2013 in a pasture not too far from our home. With both front legs in the watering tub, this fellow was hoarding the watering trough.  BOTH front legs in the water!  On top of that, he was splashing away like a precocious little boy in a kiddie pool. Turn up the volume, watch the video, and enjoy a unique glimpse of Palomino personality. I giggle every time I view it. 

Do you see funny sights along the road where you live?  You never know what you might see along a road in Texas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!