Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Texas Sopapilla Cheesecake





When I asked HUBBY what he wanted for Father's Day, he said he wanted me to grill some hot dogs.  After all, his Father's Day gift was a new gas grill and he couldn't wait to show me how to use it.  After lunch, I asked him if he wanted me to make anything else for his Father's Day celebration.  He requested a recipe he'd found on facebook:  Cheesecake Crescent Roll Sopapillas*.  Oh my goodness.  I guess I've seen that recipe dozens of times on Pinterest and facebook.  However, I'd never prepared it or even tasted any of it.  I can now tell you that this recipe is wonderful. Here is my adaptation of the original recipe, Texas style:

Texas Sopapilla Cheesecake


2 cans of Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls

2 eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened

1 1/4 cups Imperial Pure Cane Sugar**

1 1/2 tsp Adam's Pure Vanilla Extract*** 

1/4 cup butter, melted


4 Tbsp Adam's Ground Cinnamon***



Cover the bottom and sides of a 9" x 13" baking dish with Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. Unroll and spread 1 can of crescent rolls on top of the  non-stick foil to cover the entire bottom of your baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla with fork or potato masher. Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent roll layer in the pan almost all the way to the edges, leaving about 1/4 "cream cheeseless" gap around all sides. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls and lay them over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Melt butter and spread evenly over top layer of crescent rolls. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of sugar evenly over melted butter. Sprinkle 4 Tbsp cinnamon evenly over sugar and melted butter.  Sprinkle remaining 1/8 cup sugar evenly over cinnamon.

Bake for 20-30 minutes in 350 degree oven until bubbly and nicely browned.  Allow to cool a bit.  Slice and serve warm.  Garnish with fruit or cool whip if desired. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!