Friday, October 12, 2012

DIY Music and Quote Inspiration Wall Makeover


I've always said that my house was too "brown".  Literally.  Two thirds of the walls are covered with wood paneling.  You know, the kind that was popular back in the 1960's and 1970's?  Yep, that's the stuff.
 


In case you are not familiar with the trend in home interiors that was popular during part of the last century, I'd like to present Exhibit A:

Exhibit A - Wall covered with brown tone wood paneling.
 It may give a rustic appeal to the interior of a fishing cabin, but it grows tiresome once you've lived with so much of it in your home after a decade or so.

Truthfully, this wall is looks better than the wall that is in the photos.  That wall was the 'kid' bedroom for years.  PRINCE, PRINCESS, PEPSI, and PUMPKIN literally put stickers all over that wall...and then scribbled on it a bit.  But...it is made from the same material as this wall in another room.  Since I didn't do this project myself, there is no 'before' photo of that wall.

PUMPKIN is the youngest, and she got that room the siblings moved out.  She deserves all the credit for the quotes and music covering the wall.  When PRINCE moved back home, he needed a place to hang his beautiful guitars.  




I really love this.  The guitars are organized neatly on their hooks and beautifully displayed.  The wall in the background gives the whole room a feeling of creativity and inspiration.



If you want to re-create this, find your own quotes and write them on pretty scrapbook paper.  Then just find printable music on the computer, buy some thrifted music books, or use your old sheet music from high school.




Hang those beautiful guitars or other appropriate instruments on your wall so that everyone can enjoy them.  Let's face it, if you can get to them easily, you're much more likely to use them, right?




I really enjoyed taking these photographs.  As I said before, PRINCE and PUMPKIN deserve all the credit for the beauty that was created on the wall.



If you feel inspired to do this, please let me know.  I'd love to hear about it or see your photos! 

 This post is shared at:



Chic on a Shoestring Flaunt It Friday 122 Link Party 

Gunny Sack Link Party #59 

2 comments:

  1. Every piece of music is something I've performed personally. And all of the quotes are words I've read or heard that make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken Melody, this is another example of the tremendous beauty within you. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!