Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baby Stuff - Best Onesie Makeovers on Pinterest


 I'm sharing a collection of favorite Onesie Makeovers that I first found on Pinterest and pinned to my board Nanny's Kids - Sew Much Love.  There are so many good ideas out there, but it takes time to search for each one and evaluate them.  Are they tutorials?  Are they just photos with no directions?  I love to sew and craft.  Personally, I like a good set of written directions with photos.  All of these sweet little projects are easy and come with great written directions.

Baby Stuff - Best Onesie Makeovers on Pinterest


You'll find links to my pins (in the title) and links to the original websites (in the caption and on the photo) where the details and instructions are posted by the geniuses who created them.  I spent a lot of time developing this collection.  Hope this Best of Pinterest Onesie Makeover Collection is a timesaver for everyone out there looking for instructions and ideas.


Candy Corn Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest


This No-Sew onesie reminds me of Fall and Halloween.  The colors could easily be changed for other seasons - pastels for Easter or Spring, reds and pinks for Valentines, etc.  It would be cute for a boy or girl.


Candy Corn Onesie by The Swell Life




Vest and Tie Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest


This dressed up Vest and Tie Onesie is perfect for photo-ops, church, or any other reason you choose to get the little ones all gussied up.  It is actually an applique she created with fusible webbing and fabric from a soft, well-worn man's shirt.

Vest and Tie Onesie Applique by lemon tree creations



10 Minute Onesie Dress Tutorial on Pinterest


This 10 Minute Onesie Dress is by Jaime of Prudent Baby.  It is really very easy to make.  There are so many different fabric and embellishment options available for this one, the only trouble you'll have it trying to choose the one you like best.

10 Minute Onesie Dress by Prudent Baby




Bow Tie and Suspenders Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest


I call this the Bow Tie and Suspenders Onesie.  Tiffany created it and she refers to it as the "BABY NERD SHIRT".  So sweet and easy to make.  I think it would be perfect for church wear, parties, etc.


Bow Tie and Suspenders Onesie by making the world cuter





Bubble Dress Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest



This Bubble Dress Onesie is very easy too.  It is a bit different than the 10 Minute Onesie Dress, because you actually cut the snap bottom off the onesie when you add the skirt.  The flower embellishment that matches the skirt is the perfect complement to the dress.

Bubble Dress Onesie by make it and love it



Shirt and Tie Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest


The Shirt and Tie Onesie is so easy and the post includes a pdf pattern for the tie.  Just use Wonder Under to attach it, sew around the edges, and you're done.  You could make two or three of these at the same time to match different outfits.

Shirt and Tie Onesie by Crap I've Made



Ruffle Bottom Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest


This Ruffle Bottom Onesie is so sweet.  I love ruffles on girls, don't you?  What makes it so easy is the use of organza ribbon to create the ruffles.  By using ribbon, the edges are already finished and they don't fray.  Genius!


Ruffle Bottom Onesie by Free Baby Projects




Football Onesie Tutorial on Pinterest


This Football Onesie makes me smile.  Just pinned it today!  The part I like best is that this is a No Sew Onesie.  You won't believe how easy it is to make till you read the instructions!


Football Onesie by Fabulously Domestic



Ruffle Onesie Dress Tutorial on Pinterest


I think Onesie Dress was actually my first Pinterest project.  It was definitely the first dress I made for my own sweet granddaughter, TINKERBELL.  I wish I had a photo to post for you.  We used purple Disney Tinkerbell fabric for the skirt and that purple minky fabric from Hobby Lobby for the ruffle trim.  It is adorable, just like this little dress.

Ruffle Onesie Dress by barefoot in the kitchen

I hope you enjoy this collection.  Please let me know if you are inspired to make one.  I have another grandson on the way and I just can't get my mind off baby stuff.  Babies are the best, especially grandbabies!

1 comment:

Your comments are important. Thanks for your input!